Monday, March 29, 2010

Game Night, Pizza Night, Same Diff

Trying to get back into the swing of things has made for a tiresome day.  Thankfully, we were rewarded with a great (and important) win by the Mavericks tonight (Dirk for his 2nd career triple-double) and a pizza worth the time it took to make it. 
We are pretty simple pizza eaters by most standards.  Every once in a while we will step outside the box and try something new, but mostly we like pepperoni.  Drew prefers onions with his; I like black olives (as many as possible) with mine.  So it was not anything special, but it was good. 
I used the Pampered Chef Pizza Dough mix.  This was the first attempt and skepticism soon turned to incredibly doughy hands, followed by...SUCCESS.  It actually did what it said it was going to do...I was thrilled.  Thank you PC.  Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other half of the dough produced by these efforts...any suggestions?
After the dough was together, I rolled it out into a thin crust and spread some pizza sauce over most of it.  To top the pizza I used mozzarella and parmesan, pepperoni, onions on one side, black olives on the other, and sprinkled the top with a little Italian seasoning.  I threw it in the oven for 17 minutes and was very pleased the results.  I think it is better than Pizza Hut and a whole lot cheaper.

No comments: