Did you know that instead of taking the time to roast a head or two of garlic in the oven, you can "roast" it in the microwave? Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you can do it in less than 5 minutes!!
- Take the entire head of garlic (not individual cloves) and cut off the top (at least 1/4 inch).
- Place in the bottom of a microwave safe bowl (I used a glass bowl with a microwavable lid).
- Pour about a tablespoon of good quality olive oil over the garlic heads.
- Cover and microwave for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Let stand for a few minutes to cool and sqeeze out the garlic, discarding the paper.
There are so many great uses for roasted garlic. I used it to make a garlic butter to put under the skin of the chicken I roasted; but you can use it to make garlic mashed potatoes, garlic hummus, or even garlic infused rice cereal for your baby.