Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back to Basics

After a monthlong lack of posting and planning, I am back and ready to cook again.  I cooked a couple times in the last month, but mostly relied on the kindness of friends and the greed of the fast food industry to get us through. 
So I thought I would wade into the shallow end and then work back up to full speed (yes, that's a mixed metaphor).  Thank goodness for a slow cooker and lots of recipes to try.  Tonight's came from Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook  - Cheesy Chicken Casserole.  Don't you just love the recipes that don't try too hard in the name department?  This one is simple to throw together.  It is also nice because you can start it later in the day than most SC recipes and it is still ready in time for dinner.  I served it with salad.  When we tried it, Drew said it is called Chicken Devan (sp?) and tastes like what his mom made.  This is a pretty good compliment for Drew and then the compliment of all compliments for every displaced Southern woman...He went back for SECONDS!  So this one was a hit!  I enjoyed it too, I think it could have been a little less creamy, but it was great in the taste department.
Oh and by the way, wading into the shallow end does not include taking pictures of the results...sorry, deep end later in the week.

No comments: