Yeah, I had never heard of it either. And to be quite honest, after eating tonight's dinner I wonder why you don't just make it into a calzone. It has all the same ingredients as a calzone, but is just formed different. Oh the lengths food editors will go to come up with a new recipe.
Calzone Casserole (see here), but I changed it very much so here's the adapted recipe:
1 pkg Pampered Chef Pizza Dough mix (or any pizza dough you have) + ingredients to make the dough
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion (thinly sliced)
2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
salt & pepper to taste
1 large bunch fresh spinach, washed, trimmed, and roughly chopped
1 1/4 c. ricotta cheese
1 c. Italian cheese blend
1 c. cooked chicken breast
2 Tbsp. Garlic Oil
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning blend
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Prep the dough according to package directions. Turn out onto a floured surface and roll into a 12" square. Place the dough in an 8x8 baking pan. Leave the excess over the edges.
2. Heat oil in dutch oven and add onions and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions start to brown. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl. Salt and pepper the onions and keep warm.
3. Add spinach to pan in batches, stirring often, until the spinach wilts (about 4 minutes).
4. Add spinach, ricotta cheese, Italian cheese, and chicken to the onion mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir well. Pour spinach mixture into the prepared pizza dough crust. Fold edges over the top and brush with garlic oil. Sprinkle Italian seasoning blend over the top.
5. Bake in oven at 425 F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.