Friday, August 12, 2011

Foodie Find

A couple weeks ago, we were in Fresh and Easy (our neighborhood grocer) stocking up on easy to prepare meals to get us through on nights when I just don't have it in me to cook, when I found an item that would be for those nights when I do.  I didn't even know this existed, but now that I do, I am inspired to cook all the more. 

I am thinking Asian inspiration should hit sometime next week.  Oh, and I just found out I got it for a good price at F&E, gotta love that!  Here's what Williams Sonoma's website has to say about it:

Umami is the elusive fifth taste (after sweet, sour, salty and bitter) discovered in the last century by the Japanese and now recognized worldwide. Taste No. 5 Umami Paste, the inspired invention of cookbook author Laura Santtini, is a blend of Italian ingredients designed specifically to maximize the rich, savory umami effect in cooking. Use the red paste -- rubbed, squeezed or spread -- to impart a deep, dramatic taste sensation in everything from pasta sauces to salad dressings to grilled meat.

I am already invisioning a fish stir-fry kind of thing.  We shall see...

No comments: