Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Moo Shu (it's a good thing you don't contain duck sauce)

Long kitchen hiatus concluded.  Back in the Hudson house tonight, we had some Asian food to start off the week (yes, I know it is Tuesday)!  On the menu: PC 29 Minutes to Dinner 2 Moo Shu Pork with Mock Mandarin Pancakes. I love Asian food because of the flavors, but I love to cook Asian food because it takes so little time.  Tonight's dinner met both of these maxims for me.  The innovative use of flour tortillas as the "pancakes" turned out really good.  (Is it just me or is there always a "throwaway" while making pancakes?  If so, these are no exception to that rule.)  The filling for the pancakes, the moo shu, goes together quickly and your nose can basically tell you when it is done.  When your kitchen smells adequately Asian, you are done.  I also enjoyed the crisp-tender nature of the cabbage and green onions.  Drew must have enjoyed it because he had a second helping.  The only negative thing I can say about this dish is it is not very photogenic.  Sorry moo, there are just prettier dishes to be had.  Thus, the picture is at the end of the post.  I want you to love her for what is on the inside, not for what is on the outside.

See I told you!

No comments: