We are expecting our second child in October (I can't believe our babies will be so close in age). Many things are starkly different this time around. In addition to Dr. mandated bed rest for 6 weeks (ahhh!!!), I have begun what the pregnant mom world refers to as nesting. Apparently, my body did not get the memo during Grace's pregnancy because she was a week late and I never nested. However, it seems this baby would like to enter this world and go home to a clutter-free zone of organization. I have to say, I think I agree!
So, some of the things that have been going on around here in just the last two weeks:
- A MAJOR clean out of all kitchen cabinets, drawers, and the space above the cabinets where I have all the extra decorative items.
- Cooking dinner every night with absolutely no obligation to write about or take pictures of it.
- An inspired substitution for the usual cabbage on fish tacos (more on that later)!
- The creation of what I am calling an entertainment pantry (hopefully, pictures to follow)!
- Grace's first pancake breakfast (oh, I think we took pictures somewhere) which I hope becomes a family tradition for Saturday mornings.
- The beginnings of what I hope to be one major, major garage sale.
I am also almost done with teaching Bible study until September, so I am hoping to devote a little bit more time to taking pictures of and writing about all the things homemaker-y going on around here. So, stick around, we might learn something together!