Sunday, May 2, 2010

When Cinco de Mayo becomes, Dos, Tres, Quatro and Cinco

Around here we enjoy foods with a Mexican flavor.  Blame it on our love of Tex-Mex.  Blame it my small obsession with cilantro and avocados.  Blame it on my constant search of something good enough to make repeatedly.  Whatever it is, Cinco de Mayo ends up stretching into a few days from that lonely old one day at the beginning of May. 
So, tonight, I gave a new one a try, messed it up slightly, yet it was still good.  I got the recipe for Mexican Ceviche Tacos out of a recent issue of Bon Appetit.  We went by Henry's to get some fresh fish this afternoon, and at the recommendation of the butcher, we decided on sea bass.  When I got home, I washed my hands and got started on the ceviche.  I was all excited about getting to use my awesome knives Drew bought me for Christmas, that I ended up adding ingredients before the intended time, but I stirred it all up and chilled it in the fridge while I took a nap. 
When I woke up it was time for dinner (no comments on the length of my siesta), and it only took a couple of minutes to stir in the remaining ingredients avocado, cilantro, and romaine lettuce and stuff them inside corn taco shells. 
The result:  A nice spring/summer dinner (no heat necessary).  I think we might try another fish next time, just to change it up.  Oh and the avocado was PERFECT!

No comments: