Sunday, December 4, 2011

Advent Event: 22 Days

Growing up, there were some things that I just would not eat (just like every other kid).  But now some of those things are growing on me and I have learned to appreciate them if not outright love them.  One of these things is the little beautiful cranberry. 

In the last couple of years I have learned that I do not like cranberry juice (still), but I love cranberry soda (go figure).  I also really like homeade cranberry sauce, but still won't touch the canned stuff.  And, shocking to both my husband and myself: our favorite dressing/stuffing for Thanksgving/Christmas has cranberries in it. 

So I thought, for todays advent calendar, I would give those little berries some love.  I short search through the interwebs gave me some really great ideas for how to test the waters a little bit more and possible deepen my love for what I used to hate.  Enjoy the cranberry goodness!

Just like Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars, from What Megan's Making
Cranberry Brie Bites from Recipe Girl
Cranberry Nut Bread from Once Upon a Chef
Cranberry Christmas Cake from Barefeet in the Kitchen



Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry-Raspberry Sauce from Delicious Shots

No comments: