Thursday, September 24, 2009

Best Laid Plans

You know how I love to extoll the virtues of the slow cooker?  The slow cooker is perfect for the perfectly planned day.  It is good when you know when you will be home and what time you want to have dinner.  Well, today did not go as planned.  Today, life happened and dinner was delayed.  Guess what happened to my slow cooker meal.  Yup, it was black (you know the state after burned)!  I was sad because I was so hungry and ready to eat when we got home.  I had a party this afternoon (hello new readers!) and en route to the party, the A/C went kaput and the car was smoking (not cigarettes...I don't know much about cars, but I sensed this was a problem).  So Drew came over and took the car in after work and we got home a full hour and a half later than I was expecting to get home.  Oh well!!  Maybe someday I will get around to making this dinner again.  Instead we went and got Popeyes since I didn't have the energy to try to figure out what else (I do not improvise well).  Back in the kitchen tomorrow (I hope!).

No comments: