Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday is right for laziness

I feel like such a lazy bum.  It could be due to the fact I am trying very hard this week to begin new routines and new routines can be tiresome. Today, I did not do a whole lot of anything, but I knew dinner would be easy.  Every once in a while, it is good to not have to work for dinner.  Tonight was one of those nights.  I know I have piqued your interest.  We had carnitas with all the fixings. Yesterday, I went to a Mexican grocer (local) and bought dinner for tonight.  You might be wondering what would possess me to do this strange act.  Pssst...I have a secret...I am a mystery shopper.  Don't tell anyone, its top secret.  
Here is my official review:  If purchasing dinner from this store in the future, I would only buy the carnitas.  We were not fans of the beans and rice.  Their salsa is a little off (could have been the tomatoes).  The carnitas were good and flavorful, if a bit dry.  That said, I must also mention that better carnitas are to be had in this desert.  Oh, and pass on their dessert items.  I make an infinitely better (if I do say so myself) cheesecake and the chocolate cake was just "ehhh."    It sounds like I am not happy with tonight's dinner.  If that is the case, please understand I am thankful for having an easy FREE dinner and thankful in general.  Life is good...
As a side note, Drew just put on Big Joe Turner's Shake, Rattle, and Roll. I view this as a message from my husband to get in the kitchen and cook...soon!  Back tomorrow with actual cooking.

No comments: