Magic Munchie Mix
1 box rice Chex
1 can Planters Sweet and Crunchy peanuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup marshmallows
1. Pour cereal into a oversize bowl. Add the peanuts. Set aside.
2. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave for 1 minute on high. Remove from microwave and stir. Place back in the microwave and cook for another 30 seconds (depending on your microwave). Stir again until it is smooth.
3. Pour the chocolate mix over the cereal mixture. Gently fold until all pieces are coated.
4. Place powdered sugar in a plastic bag large enough to hold the cereal. Add cereal, close up the top and Give it a good shake until the cereal pieces are evenly covered.
5. Cool on waxed paper. When completely cooled, put the mixture in a sealable container, add the marshmallows, close the container and shake until well mixed.
6. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
This is a take on a recipe I made long ago (when I was Morgan's age) and another recipe we thought sounded good (but it didn't include peanut butter). It takes less than 20 minutes and is fun to eat.