Friday, September 4, 2009

China in the Meantime

Dinner tonight was wonderful for a couple of reasons: 1. Slow-cooker, microwave, George Foreman Grill, and 2. Short prep time. I did a menu ("Takeout at Home") out of the Fix It and Forget It Slow Cooker Magic cookbook: Asian-Grilled Pork Tenderloins and Chinese Vegetables.  It always makes me happy to be able to do any number of things (shopping, napping, Guitar Hero) while my dinner is being prepared for me.  Tonight's required me to marinate the pork tenderloins for 8 hours, so after I did that I went to lunch with my dad (not good sushi - our regular place was closed), went to the bank, came home, watched tv and waited for Drew to come home so we could play Guitar Hero.  I also was able to throw the veggies in the slow cooker.  Here's the rundown:
Loved the veggie recipe.  Really easy to throw together and very tasty.  Rounded out the meal with brown rice, prepared in the microwave via the Pampered Chef rice cooker (a wonder in its own right).  Heated up the George Foreman and put the tenderloins on for the last bit of the rice cooking time.  Oh, I modified the recipe a little bit by adding some of the Pampered Chef Asian seasonings (love the spices from PC).  Drew asked what I marinated the pork in. That was the feeback I got.  Overall, a great dinner at the Hudson household.

2 comments:

Curator D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curator D said...

I AM THE GRAMMAR!

When you have had a new meal every night you tend to enjoy most of them. A *big* comment is usually given if you have something so exceptional you get it twice!!! The other option is if it's something on the bad side and then it's remembered for eternity. We've had so few bad meals they'd to fit on one hand. I can name two... so the others weren't bad enough to remember.


Actually, there's plenty to approve and praise. Leah's taken a person(me) who really didn't like to try new things and have introduced 1000's of them with no regret. =D